Monday 13 June 2011

:: Sweet summer bliss

This weekend has been a much needed - and oh so appreciated - break from all the stresses and challenges of our everyday life. It was Whit Sunday and Monday here in Norway, so we've had four days off work (and kindergarten). I have thoroughly enjoyed every part of it - even the days of extreme rain. We all cuddled up indoors and enjoyed just being together, listening to music and drinking in the peaceful and philosophical air such weather seems to inspire. At least it does in my case.I always feel unusually poetic and inspired when it rains, in manner of some advanced Yoga pupil doing any pose with the greatest of ease, or a Jane Austen character or such. Obviously, both images are ridiculously far from the truth, but I allow myself to enjoy the rare inner sensation of being at peace with myself and the Universe this state of mind makes possible.

But then the sun broke through yesterday, and gone was the need for rainy day reflections. So the rest of this break was spent mostly in the beautiful Frogner park. It was such a great joy to me, just appreciating being a part of this little family of ours, and spending some longed-for quality time together 

 
Lilia gave Papa a back rub, in kind of the same fashion I think I have heard that Buddhist monks do, simply by standing and stepping directly on ones back. She was thrilled at her own therapeutic discovery - Papa not so much. Apparently the ground didn't exactly offer the same level of gentle support as he would have preferred. Ha-ha!  Looks very comfortable to me, though! I love back rubs of (almost) any kind.


My precious little flower ♥♥♥ When her face bursts into this exact type of smile, I just want to nibble at her cheeks!


Nothing beats stealing Mom's wedges for a stroll around the park!

Feeding the ducks is mandatory, naturally.


Summer girl, summer flowers. Can't think of a better match! 

The trees are re-seeding, a process which creates a white blanket on the ground, giving the optic illusion of fallen snow on a summer's day. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks :) I sure appreciate your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...